Volcanic Basin Petroleum Research AS
Research and consulting company
- VBPR founded in 1999, and based in Oslo, Norway
- Close collaboration with largest MC Seismic provider TGS
- Cooperate with leading service companies and academic institutions worldwide.
- Multi-Client projects sold to more than 40 oil companies
- Co-owner of extensive Multi-Client P-Cable database in the Barents and Norwegian seas
Integrated seismic, gravity, and magnetic (SGM) interpretation
Seismic volcano stratigraphy
Petroleum implications of sill intrusions
Focus along the margins of the north Atlantic and Arctic oceans
Work also encompasses volcanic basins world-wide, e.g. South Africa, India, Australia, Siberia, Argentina and Brazil
News and Events
Calibration of database acquired in 2014 (BSS14) and development of workflow for improved identification of hydrocarbon phase and ranking of exploration targets in undrilled areas.
P-Cable 2D/3D Acquisition
With the astonishing high-resolution 3D on Wisting (2016) as reference, operators now prepare for P-Cable acquisition over shallow target prospects/discoveries. Any spare acquisition capacity can be utilized to expand the existing MC P-Cable coverage preferably over shallow prospects in APA-terrains. Companies are invited to nominate survey areas (strict confidentiality guaranteed).