Volcanic Basin Petroleum Research AS
Research and consulting company
- VBPR founded in 1999, and based in Oslo, Norway
- Close collaboration with largest MC Seismic provider TGS
- Cooperate with leading service companies and academic institutions worldwide.
- Multi-Client projects sold to more than 40 oil companies
- Co-owner of extensive Multi-Client P-Cable database in the Barents and Norwegian seas
... of employees, research associates and consultants
- Integrated seismic, gravity, and magnetic (SGM) interpretation
Seismic volcano stratigraphy
Petroleum implications of sill intrusions
Focus along the margins of the north Atlantic and Arctic oceans
Work also encompasses volcanic basins world-wide, e.g. South Africa, India, Australia, Siberia, Argentina and Brazil
News and Events
Latest Projects and Products
Calibration of database acquired in 2014 (BSS14) and development of workflow for improved identification of hydrocarbon phase and ranking of exploration targets in undrilled areas.
P-Cable 2D/3D - HR19
With the astonishing high-resolution 3D on Wisting (2016) as reference, operators are preparing for P-Cable acquisition over shallow target prospects/discoveries. Spare acquisition capacity will be utilized for expanding the existing MC P-Cable coverage preferably over prospects in APA-terrains. Companies are invited to nominate survey areas (strict confidentiality guaranteed).