Volcanic Basin Petroleum Research AS
Research and consulting company
- VBPR founded in 1999, and based in Oslo, Norway
- Close collaboration with largest MC Seismic provider TGS
- Cooperate with leading service companies and academic institutions worldwide.
- Multi-Client projects sold to more than 40 oil companies
- Co-owner of extensive Multi-Client P-Cable database in the Barents and Norwegian seas
Click to follow us on LinkedIn
Integrated seismic, gravity, and magnetic (SGM) interpretation
Seismic volcano stratigraphy
Petroleum implications of sill intrusions
Focus along the margins of the north Atlantic and Arctic oceans
Work also encompasses volcanic basins world-wide, e.g. South Africa, India, Australia, Siberia, Argentina and Brazil.
Calibration of database acquired in 2014 (BSS14) and development of workflow for improved identification of hydrocarbon phase and ranking of exploration targets in undrilled areas.
Integrated volcanic borehole analyses at Krafla .... 30 Mar 2018, Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research Millet et al
Shear margin moraine, mass transport deposits .... 28 Mar 2018, Lyell Collection Bellwald and Planke
Ice-stream dynamics of the SW Barents Sea .... 7 Mar 2018, Marine Geology Bellwald et al
Seismic imaging in the Krafla high-temperature .... 21 Feb 2018, Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research Kästner et al
Nyegga gas hydrate modelling .... 12 Feb 2018, Nature Communications Karstens et al
See Publications for a comprehensive listing.