Volcanic Basin Petroleum Research AS
Research and consulting company
- VBPR founded in 1999, and based in Oslo, Norway
- Close collaboration with largest MC Seismic provider TGS
- Cooperate with leading service companies and academic institutions worldwide.
- Multi-Client projects sold to more than 40 oil companies
- Co-owner of extensive Multi-Client P-Cable database in the Barents and Norwegian seas
Click to follow us on LinkedIn
- Integrated seismic, gravity, and magnetic (SGM) interpretation
- Seafloor sampling
- Seismic volcano stratigraphy
- Petroleum implications of sill intrusions
- Focus along the margins of the north Atlantic and Arctic oceans
- Work also encompasses volcanic basins world-wide, e.g. South Africa, India, Australia, Siberia, Argentina and Brazil.
Calibration of database acquired in 2014 (BSS14) and development of workflow for improved identification of hydrocarbon phase and ranking of exploration targets in undrilled areas.