Geophysical Atlas of the Møre and Vøring Basins
Geophysical Atlas of the Møre and Vøring Basins | 22nd Licensing Round Edition
Compiled and edited by Mikal Trulsvik, Sverre Planke, Dougal Jerram, Reidun Myklebust, and Stephane Polteau.
The Geological Atlas of the Møre and Vøring Basins (MV12) is an updated version for 22nd licensing round which is focused on improved interpretation of the volcanic complexes on the outer Møre and Vøring basins, sub-basalt interpretation, and sediments-basalt interaction.
The main focus of the atlas are:
- petroleum potential of the sub-basalt acreage
- to increase knowledge and understanding of the process that control breakup-related volcanism and their effect on the petroleum system
- to give comprehensive overview of the structure and development of the outer Møre and Vøring basins based on SGM interpretation
- seismic volcanostratigraphy for improved interpretation of basalt and sub-basalt prospects
Geophysical Atlas of the Møre and Vøring Basins | 21st Licensing Round Edition
Compiled and edited by Sverre Planke, Mikal Trulsvik, Reidun Myklebust, Stephane Polteau, and Ingrid Aarnes.
The 21st licensing round atlas focuses on the announced blocks in the northern Vøring Basin, Vøring Marginal High, and central Møre Margin. Sixteen of the blocks are situated in areas where pre-Eocene successions are overlain by volcanic extrusive complexes, whereas 35 of the blocks are intruded by sills and pierced by hydrothermal vent complexes.
The aim of the Atlas is to provide exploration companies with:
- updated basin structure based on integrated SGM interpretation
- petroleum prospectivity from modeling of regional transects
- maturation effect of sill intrusions
- structure and implications of volcanic rocks and processes
- sub-basalt structure and prospectivity
- evaluation of the continent-ocean transition