Barents Sea Sampling 2014
Over 450 gravity cores were collected in the Barents Sea to identify hydrocarbon seepage anomalies and for seismic-stratigraphic tie. The seep studies were carried out using three different analytical methods:
1) Standard organic geochemical analysis of Applied Petroleum Technology(APT)
2) Amplified Geochemical Imaging (AGI),
3) Microbial Prospecting for Oil and Gas (MPOG) method.
The results are highly relevant for constraining current geological models in terms of hydrocarbon prospectivity. The reports for BSS14 Hoop Area and BSS14 Barents SE Area are sold separately.
Barents Sea (Hoop Area) Sampling Project 2014
Edited by Stephane Polteau, and Sverre Planke.
One hundred and sixty sampling locations targeted deep-seated Jurassic fault blocks and potential hydrocarbon seeps on the Hoop Area:
- 125 gravity cores and 35 sites in the vicinity of seven wells for geochemical calibration
- Standard (APT), amplified (Gore), and microbial prospecting (MPOG) seep analyses detected micro-seepage
Barents Sea (Barents SE Area) Sampling Project 2014
Edited by Stephane Polteau, Adriano Mazzini, and Sverre Planke.
Two hundred and ninety-three sampling locations targeted deep-seated sturctures, including faults blocks, diapirs, outgoing stratigraphy, and potential hydrocabon seeps on the Barents SE Area:
- 239gravity cores were recovered
- Two active petroleum systems were identified
- Micro-seepage of liquid hydrocarbon to the seafloor was detected
- Seismic to geology tie
Map showing Hoop Area and Barents SE Area sampling sites and 23rd round blocks.
M/V Koninging Juliana during the BSS14 survey.
- Aims and Introduction
- Presentation of Results
- Geological Framework
- M/V Koninging Juliana
- Sampling Crew
- Deployment and Recovery Procedures
- Diary of Events
- Production Levels
- Post-Cruise Time-Line
- Survey Systems
- Coring System
- Wet Lab
- Sampling Subcrops
- Geophysical Data
- Sampling Results
- Standard Seep Geochemistry
- Stratigraphic Samples
Integration and Conclusions
- Calibration Sites
- Petroleum Systems
- Core Descriptions
- Original Lab Reports
- APT Data Report