Volcanic Basin Petroleum Research AS
Research and consulting company
- VBPR founded in 1999, and based in Oslo, Norway
- Close collaboration with largest MC Seismic provider TGS
- Cooperate with leading service companies and academic institutions worldwide.
- Multi-Client projects sold to more than 40 oil companies
- Co-owner of extensive Multi-Client P-Cable database in the Barents and Norwegian seas
- Integrated seismic, gravity, and magnetic (SGM) interpretation
Seafloor sampling to identify and characterize petroleum systems
Seismic volcano stratigraphy and petroleum implications
In-depth studies of the margins along the north Atlantic and Arctic oceans, and extensive field work in volcanic basins world-wide, e.g. South Africa, India, Australia, Siberia, Argentina and Brazil
News and Events
New paper in by D. Jarram et al present data sets that enable detailed comparisons between down-hole geophysical data and cored volcanic intervals (Scientific Drilling)
The field course was run by VBPR, DougalEarth and Breno Waichal from Florianopolis University as part of the VMAPP project
Latest Projects and Products
Calibration of database acquired in 2014 (BSS14) and development of workflow for improved identification of hydrocarbon phase and ranking of exploration targets in undrilled areas.
P-Cable 2D/3D - HR19
With the astonishing high-resolution 3D on Wisting (2016) as reference, operators are preparing for P-Cable acquisition over shallow target prospects/discoveries. Spare acquisition capacity will be utilized for expanding the existing MC P-Cable coverage preferably over prospects in APA-terrains. Companies are invited to nominate survey areas (strict confidentiality guaranteed).