Volcanic Basin Petroleum Research AS
Research and consulting company
- VBPR founded in 1999, and based in Oslo, Norway
- Close collaboration with largest MC Seismic provider TGS
- Cooperate with leading service companies and academic institutions worldwide.
- Multi-Client projects sold to more than 40 oil companies
- Co-owner of extensive Multi-Client P-Cable database in the Barents and Norwegian seas
- Integrated seismic, gravity, and magnetic (SGM) interpretation
Seafloor sampling to identify and characterize petroleum systems
Seismic volcano stratigraphy and petroleum implications
In-depth studies of the margins along the north Atlantic and Arctic oceans, and extensive field work in volcanic basins world-wide, e.g. South Africa, India, Australia, Siberia, Argentina and Brazil
News and Events
The Decarbonisation and Energy Transition Special Interest Community (DET) in EAGE has confirmed the programme of the Dedicated Session 10 June. Everyone who wishes to attend needs to sign up in advance via this link
The pre-breakup evolution and configuration of the outer mid-Norwegian margin significantly differ from the previously proposed Iberian-type model and this may provide additional industrial interest in this yet underexplored region.
Latest Projects and Products
Calibration of database acquired in 2014 (BSS14) and development of workflow for improved identification of hydrocarbon phase and ranking of exploration targets in undrilled areas.
P-Cable 2D/3D - HR20
With the astonishing high-resolution P-Cable 3D seismic on Wisting (2016) as reference, operators are preparing for more high-resolution acquisition over shallow target prospects/discoveries. Spare acquisition capacity can be utilized to expand the existing MC P-Cable coverage in the Barents and the Norwegian Sea, preferably over prospects in APA-terrains. Companies are invited to nominate survey areas (strict confidentiality guaranteed).